Celebrate Spring by running with me in the
4th annual Jelly Bean virtual race!
~FREE TO PARTICIPATE~
What's a virtual race? A virtual race is running a specified distance (timed) without being present in the actual race location.
DATE: April 13-20, 2014
The race begins on Palm Sunday and ends on Easter Sunday, 8 days.
LOCATION: Pick your favorite local route or just hop on a treadmill.
EVENTS: Choose the event that works best for your current fitness level. If you complete both the 5k and 10k distances within the 8-day time frame, you will earn an extra point into the prize drawing (2 entries max per person).
- Run 5K (3.1 miles)
- Run 10K (6.2 miles)
RESULTS: Report your race time(s) HERE before Tuesday, April 22 at 12:00 noon CST. This is a fun race; no Garmin/treadmill photo required to verify your time.
PRIZES: When the Jelly Bean results window closes, there will be a random prize drawing from all finishers. Prizes include: GU Energy assortment pack, Subway gift card, Headsweats beanie, tube of Nuun hydration tabs, Swiftwick socks, You Just Got Chicked headband, 2pk of LockLaces, Advocare fuel pack, water bottle with phone pouch, and a Run & Eat Cupcakes shirt.
Follow me for race updates...
STEP-BY-STEP HOW THE JELLY BEAN WORKS:
- No need to pre-register. Just mark your calendar, tell your friends, and organize a local group run in your area. This makes a great family event to get the kids active! Bookmark this webpage so that you can come back for updated information until raceday. Join the FB event here.
- Order an Jelly Bean finisher's medal below (optional). Proceeds from these medals will be donated to the St. Jude Children's Hospital as part of my fundraising for the Bartonville-to-Peoria St. Jude run.
- On race week, PRINT A RACE BIB for each person participating.
- Finally, RUN the Jelly Bean... and have FUN!! Take pictures and please share them on my Facebook wall. Hint, hint... I always award one prize to my favorite picture.
- REPORT RACE RESULTS for each participant before 12noon on April 22. You will earn one entry into the prize drawing for each event that you finish (2 max). Each event may only be completed once.
- FINISHER'S MEDAL -
Celebrate your Jelly Bean finish with a finisher's medal, an optional add-on to the virtual race. New for 2014, every medal purchase includes a snack-size bag of Starburst Jelly Beans!! Proceeds from these medals will be donated to St. Jude Children's Hospital as part of my fundraising for the Bartonville-to-Peoria St. Jude Run on August 4. (Later added) Thanks to you - St Jude received a $500 donation from the sale of these medals!!
Sorry, Finisher's Medals are SOLD OUT.