- Post these rules.
- You must post 11 random things about yourself.
- Answer the questions set for you in the post you were tagged in.
- Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
- Go to their blog, FB page, or wherever you can grab their attention and inform them of their obligation to the blogosphere.
11 RANDOM THINGS
- I love the water. Running around a lake, beside a river, down a beach = Heaven! And yet I'm convinced my death will be from drowning since I have nightmares about it all the time.
- My favorite color is yellow.
- I'm sexy and I know it.
- I used to work for a beer company.
- I got paid to sit around and think up crazy promotions for minor league baseball games.
- I played clarinet through middle and high school.
- I have awesome toes - all the perfect length - but my feet are so extremely dry!
- My favorite cupcake is butter pecan with maple frosting.
- I've always wanted to be a housewife... and yet I hate to cook, iron, and do laundry. I do like mild cleaning though.
- I'm a middle child and only girl. Always wanted a sister...
- In the last 25 days, I've only had 1 Diet Coke. Some kind of record!
QUESTIONS ASKED FROM: Kurt @ Becoming An Ironman
- What did you want to be when you were growing up? What do you want to be now that you have grown up? I wanted to be President! Seriously, held onto that for awhile through college (Political Science major here) until I realized how nasty the political world is.
- If you came into a large fortune all of a sudden and were set for life, what is the first thing you would do? Pay off all the bills! Tell the hubby to turn in the pink slip and we're off to the beach!
- What is your favorite flavor of ice cream? Rocky Road
- Of all the places you've been - vacation, work, or any other reason - which was your favorite and why? My college semester abroad in Poland. Life seemed so simple there and a slower pace.
- What is your favorite time of day to exercise? Morning - especially early dawn in the summer. It's like getting a jump on the day before anyone else is even out of bed.
- Everyone has an innate fear. What are you naturally afraid of? Heights! I totally freaked out on the big ferris wheel on Old Navy Pier in Chicago. Petrified! My kids were like, "What's wrong with Mom?"
- Which holiday is your favorite?, and why? Halloween! I love costumes!
- It's Friday night and you have the whole weekend ahead of you, what do you do? What? No plans? Friday night movie with the hubby, Saturday morning run followed by a day putzing around the house. We never have down-time, so I really enjoy it when we do.
- What was the very last meal you ate? tuna and veggies
- What is your big race this year?, and what is your goal for that race? My big race is marathon #2 (May 5, hoping to finish in under 4:30) and the Chicago Ragnar Relay. And at some point this year, I'd like to nail that sub-2 Half.
- What is the toughest aspect of training for you? How do you overcome it? Time is always difficult. I do what I can with what I got and go from there.
QUESTIONS ASKED FROM: Karen @ Working It Out
- What was your favorite vacation of all time? Camping. I love just relaxing in the great outdoors and watching my kids explore.
- Snacks: Sweet or Salty? Definitely sweet. Chocolate is my fix.
- What were you doing around this time ten years ago? Probably drinking in a bar!
- Hit play on your Ipod. What is the first song to come up? More by Usher
- What was your favorite memory of 2011? Definitely my first marathon!
- Google “(Your first name) needs”. What comes up? Jess, the Rule Engine for the Java Platform!
- What is your favorite running or triathlon related product? BondiBand headbands.
- If you could only do one race, which one would it be? Rome or Paris Marathon
- Do you prefer to train alone or in groups? A like a good mixture of the two.
- What is the one race you wouldn’t mind doing over and over again? Peoria Race for the Cure - good cause & challenging hilly course.
- What accomplishment makes you the most proud? My kids! I think I'm a pretty good mom!
TAG! YOU'RE IT!
MY QUESTIONS FOR YOU...
- I know you're a runner - but have you ever watched/cheered at a race?
- Where's your favorite place to run?
- Would you rather be able to run fast OR far?
- Name one bad habit that you want to break:
- If you could trade lives with anyone for just 1 day, who would it be?
- Your ideal workout would consist of....
- Name 1 food item that you'd like to magically make "healthy":
- What's your favorite distance to run, and why?
- What's the one thing about running that you DON'T like?
- What's your favorite cross-training exercise?
- What sports did you play in high school?